2013년 11월 10일 일요일

LG G Pad 8.3 Review

Well Recently when I heard about the new tablet from LG I was really very excited. Finally, another entry into the eight-inch tablet market! Couldn’t wait to get my hands on it and recover new features and OS. But After like a month, my excitement about the new tablet slowly declined,and when I got it home and opened the box and saw the device itself, it was so stylish sleek and amazing, I was more eager than ever to turn it on, but as time went on, the user interface just killed the experience for me. If ever a device existed that just had too much “stuff,” this might be the one.


What drives me crazy is that it has so much potential. The hardware is beautiful, and the internals are extremely capable of producing an outstanding experience. Still, LG feels the need to try and be Samsung at every point, I will just go ahead and say it: Optimus UI is nothing more than a Ripoff of Touchwiz with slightly more appealing interface. And that makes me sad. This device could be whole lot better, if LG would just take a few steps back and cut the fluff. Just be yourself, LG.


But don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate this tablet. I don’t even dislike it. Its just it has lost its originality, I’m just indifferent about it, which is the main problem. In a world with dozens of good Android tablets to choose from, a device needs to leave a good impression, not a “take it or leave it” impression. with all its good and bad points I have mentioned some LG G Pad 8.3 Pros And Cons below check them out this is what I felt about this tablet.

Specs
Display: 8.3-inch 1920×1200 IPS
Processor: 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600
RAM: 2GB
Storage: 16GB
Cameras: 5MP Rear shooter, 1.3MP front-facing camera
Ports: MicroSD, headphone jack, microUSB
Wireless: 802.11 b/g/n
Battery: 4,600mAh
OS: Android 4.2.2
Dimensions/Weight: 216.8 x 126.5 x 8.3mm; 338g
Price: Retail – $350


LG G Pad 8.3 Pros And Cons


PROS:

It’s super light. With the size of eight inch, it feels fantastically light. It’s roughly 50 grams heavier than the 2013 Nexus 7, but the increased surface area makes it feel lighter.
Great display. For an IPS panel, it looks really good. Everything is sharp and crisp.
Feels solid and looks sleek. I really like the overall look of the G Pad 8.3, though the back is a fingerprint magnet.
It’s the “perfect” size. Eight inches is where it comes to perfect tablet.


Cons

Dat UI. LG’s Optimus UI is really kind of a mess, which can have some pretty bad consequences.
Too much Sparkle Look, not everything needs to flash, flutter, spin, twist, sparkle, flip, fade, or slide. Some things can just be simple and still be pretty, stock Android does a great job of showcasing this.
The speakers are in a funky place the rear facing speakers are not up to mark. Not only are these facing the back, but they are also tipping off to one side when using in portrait, which is just annoying.
Price – At $350, the G Pad is simply overpriced. I could see it doing much better at $300, but even then it’s difficult to compete with the smaller, yet snappier Nexus 7.
Nexus7 vs. G pad 8.3 vs. i Pad mini at highest bright setting

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기